Look Good Feel Better
Week, April 26 – May 2, 2015, has always been a time when we work to create heightened awareness of and support for our program. It is a week that enables us to draw some attention so that we may continue to run our workshops and support women with cancer across the country. It is a week that empowers us to bolster our efforts to Help Better Begin for those battling cancer.
This year, we partnered with Fashion Project, an online charitable re-commerce and community dedicated to raising funds for charitable organizations. As part of this community, individuals can donate their gently used, high-quality fashion items to benefit the charity of their choice. Fashion Project designers build an on-line boutique of donated items for each charitable organization from which shoppers can purchase. Since its launch in 2012, Fashion Project has collected 298,453 items and raised over $600,000 for 1,886 charities around the world.
During Look Good Feel Better Week, we created our own boutique and asked our celebrity and corporate friends to help us make a powerful impact for our program and the women we serve in two simple ways:
1. Donate one or more gently used (or unused) items from their closets to be sold in our exclusive boutique; and
2. Reach out to their friends and followers, encouraging them to donate their own items for sale to benefit Look Good Feel Better.
Additionally, we launched a sweepstakes that encourages people to donate their like-new clothing and accessories to our boutique. Prizes include a lunch date with fashion designer Carmen Marc Valvo, a tour of the CMV Atelier, and a dress of choice from CMV’s current collection.
We encourage everyone to be a part of our efforts. You could:
1. Donate gently used (or unused), high-quality fashion items to the Look Good Feel Better boutique;
2. Purchase products from the Look Good Feel Better boutique to refresh your closet for spring;
3.Host donation parties within your company or among your circle of friends;
4.Share our efforts with your followers via corporate and personal social media handles, using the hashtag #HelpBetterBegin; and
5. Place collection bins around your office to gather products to donate on behalf of the company.
For more information on how you can creatively support Look Good Feel Better, please contact the Look Good Feel Better Foundation at firstname.lastname@example.org.